HR Manager and Country Leader, Ireland
18 May 2022
Quantum Group is delighted to be leading the search for an HR Manager and Country Leader for a manufacturing technology specialist in Ireland.
About the role
The Human Resources Manager, based in Waterford, Ireland, is accountable for end-to-end HR service for all client groups located in Ireland. Our client is seeking an experienced HR Manager who will partner with cross-functional teams and leaders to broker HR services across their Ireland operation, actively engaging in staffing, organizational development, talent management, internal communication, budgeting and performance management. The successful candidate will be a business partner to local leaders and a collaborator with all functional HR partners and organisational departments to deliver a culture of excellence, which can in turn deliver the desired results.
- Culture co-creator
- Ensure that HR country and business strategies are aligned and linked to the strategic and operational plans
- Manage Labour and Employee Relations climate and participate as active member in negotiations preparation, driving solutions to mitigate risk and enable strong contingency
- Maintain a positive IR/ER environment and support the development of frameworks for engagement as appropriate.
- Operating in a consulting and advisory mode, support the organisation in the achievement of objectives which address:
- Talent management
- Performance and development
- Enabling change in a positive way
- Building engagement
- Organisation Development.
- Provide support to Line Managers via coaching, consulting and advice, to assist them in effectively addressing staffing issues such as capability/performance, disciplinary action and grievance.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance (including GDPR).
- Ensure the implementation of HR processes, policies and procedures that are based on best practice as well as fully compliant with Irish employment legislation.
- Ensure that all HR data is managed within the requirements of GDPR.
- Organizational and group effectiveness
- Organizational design
- Executive, leadership and personal coach and confidant
- Change facilitator, creating and implementing effective change management plans
- Contribute to STRAP and AOP with associated workforce planning and employee-related cost management
- Developing and driving HR initiatives, such as process and employment practice improvement, training, metrics/trends and analysis, talent and performance management
- Employee and leadership development – Competency frameworks, learning and development plans
- Employee engagement
- Reward and recognition
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable in business, Human Resources or similar discipline
- Prior experience working with a Trade Union
- Ability to influence at varying levels across the organization
- 8 years + extensive Human Resources experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to artfully convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and navigate in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to interact with executive leadership
- Creativity in developing sourcing and diversity strategies
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Strong performance management, Employee Relations and employment law experience
- Strong team and relationship-building skills
- An attractive benefits package that includes:
- Life insurance (Group)
- Income protection insurance (Group)
- Medical insurance (voluntary benefit)
- Private pension plan (employer contribution conditioned on the employee joining the scheme)
- Meal benefits (subsidized canteen + employee contribution)
- GP scheme (voluntary benefit)
- Cycle to work (voluntary benefit)
- Share purchase plan (voluntary benefit)
- EAP scheme
- 21 vacation days that increase with years of service
- Extensive training programs
- Career growth opportunities
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- Dynamic and international work environment
To apply for this role, or for a confidential conversation, please email your CV to Alisha Fletcher on email@example.com.
Follow Quantum Group on LinkedIn to find out about future roles.