VP Global Sales and Business Development Vacancy
07 June 2022
Quantum Group is delighted to be leading the search for a VP Global Sales and Business Development in Germany.
Scope of the role:
This position is responsible for developing and executing the commercial strategy within the EMEA region. The VP Global Sales will define and facilitate the required resources to achieve the business unit strategy and long-term budgets. The position is accountable for representing the organisation to key customers, interpreting the market environment, and promoting the continuous changes necessary to achieve the company´s goals regarding customer satisfaction, account growth, and profitability. The position is responsible for ensuring the excellence of the commercial team within the region. The job holder will be part of the Management team, representing the Head of Global Aftermarket in certain meetings.
- Management of sales force and resources to achieve the organisation´s business plan.
- Customer relationship management, contributing to the organisation’s visibility improvement.
- Development of the IAM customer base, driven to maximise sales and economic results.
- Pursue business opportunities to accomplish the sales plan.
- Provide market information regarding products, competitors, and business opportunities to the company.
- Ensure continuous Business Development for the overall Sales function within IAM
- Preparation and negotiation of the IAM sales budget and forecast.
- Identify credit risks regarding clients, minimizing losses.
- Commercial and technical presentations to clients.
- Coordination and participation in events such as business fairs, auto shows, new product launches, etc.
- Contribute to marketing strategy definition and implementation.
- Structure and implement promotional actions driven to market segments.
- Development of commercial strategy
- Contribute as a member of the Executive Management Team
- Excellent group leader
Experience managing multi-cultural teams and sales on a global level. Able to motivate and encourage the team, empowering them to initiate projects and take ownership of their responsibilities as well as managing them closely to ensure all tasks are completed in time.
Possess passion, energy, and perseverance.
- Driving growth and maintaining the company’s leading position in Europe
This role will be responsible for driving growth in markets such as South America and Asia as well as defending and sustaining the company’s leading footprint across Europe.
- Process excellence
Proven ability to formulate and drive operating and business excellence strategies and initiatives.
- Strategic thinking
Revising the company strategy and proposing a new direction for the business in the marketplace alongside challenging assumptions and conventional wisdom with specific, supported, and reasonable proposals
- Customer relationships
Build strong customer relationships through excellent communication skills, using a charismatic flair to manage customers as well as being able to push back on various customer demands.
Creates a culture of sustainable transformation. Champions the notion that transformation builds organisational resilience and is key to success in a rapidly changing environment.
- Courageous approach to challenging situations
Be open to new ideas yet possesses the courage to make tough decisions about the business portfolio, people, and resource allocation. Respond effectively to adversity and constructive criticism.
- University degree level / Extension (Desirable)
- Extensive experience in the automotive market
- 5 years’ experience in senior sales management
- Foreign language: English / Spanish (Desirable)
- Customer growth focus
- Profitability driven
- Teamwork skills
- Self-learning / proactivity
- Global interaction
To apply for this role, or for a confidential conversation, please email your CV to Alisha Fletcher on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Quantum Group on LinkedIn to find out about future roles.